- Our offices are open 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, our answering machine gives an emergency contact number for our patients.
- We have provision for disabled patients to use the full range of our services.
- We welcome feedback from patients and visitors to The Prostate Centre and will be pleased to receive any comments you may wish to make on any aspect of our services.
Satisfaction survey questionnaires are available in the waiting room and on our website; please use them to let us have your views. A summary of the survey results will be produced annually and may be obtained from the Centre Manager and online.
We pride ourselves on the dedication of our staff and the high quality of our patient care. However, please do not hesitate to let us know if for any reason you are not happy with our service. You can write to our Centre Manager, use one of the survey questionnaires or tell us in person. Your concerns will be taken seriously and we will inform you of the action we are taking as a result. Please ask to see our full Complaints Policy, which is available for you to inspect at any time.
- Prostate Centre staff all wear name badges for identification. They will address you by your title and surname unless you indicate otherwise. They will respect your privacy, dignity and religious and cultural beliefs at all times.
- We have negotiated significantly lower rates for our patients at various hotels nearby.
- The Prostate Centre complies fully with the Data Protection Act 1998. All our data and medical records are maintained in accordance with legislation to ensure the total privacy of the individual.
- You have the right to see your medical records in accordance with the Health Records Act 1990. Copies of correspondence about you will be sent to you, unless you expressly request otherwise (we will not mark correspondence “Private and Confidential” unless you ask us to); test results and X-ray/scanning images are your property and will be returned to you.
- We have always had a No Smoking policy, and this is now enshrined in law. You may not smoke anywhere in the building.
- The Prostate Centre is registered with the Care Quality Commission, Finsbury Tower, 103-105 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TG, telephone 020 7448 9200. The Centre is subject to regular inspections and the results of these may be obtained from the above address or online at http://www.cqc.org.uk