Prostate Plus+ Executive Health Check
The Prostate Plus+ Executive Health Check is our gold-standard screening assessment and is suitable for almost all men. Uniquely, unlike health screening programmes available elsewhere, we offer an in-depth focus on your prostate, urological and sexual health, in addition to a wide range of general investigations that can highlight major health concerns such as heart disease and diabetes.
If we identify any problems or the need for any additional tests, we will discuss these with you and can refer you for further investigation and treatment to some of the top specialists in the UK.
As part of our unique package we include an evaluation of your general fitness and mobility, together with advice on increasing your exercise profile. You can also enjoy a half-hour relaxing or therapeutic massage to help reduce your stress levels and increase your motivation to kick-start your new healthy lifestyle.
Identifying your individual needs
- explanation of health screening aims, benefits and limitations
- discussion of what you want to achieve from your health check; any current symptoms or health concerns; specific men's health issues such as prostate symptoms, sexual function etc
- review of your previous medical history; allergies; current medication; family medical history; your social/occupational lifestyle and how this may impact upon your health
comprehensive blood analyses, including:
- PSA/prostate profile (over-50s or for men with specific concerns about prostate problems)
- lipid profile (cholesterol and other blood fats)
- thyroid function profile
- haematology profile
- biochemistry profile
- cardiovascular risk profile
- hormone profile (testosterone etc)
- urine analysis
- urine flowmetry and ultrasound measurement of bladder residual urine volume
- resting electrocardiogram (ECG)
- cardiovascular risk estimation (personalised computer calculation)
- spirometry (for smokers or those with specific concerns over respiratory health)
- faecal occult blood (over-50s or those with specific concerns about bowel cancer)
- comprehensive blood analyses, including:
Comprehensive physical assessment
- blood pressure check
- weight, waist-hip ratio, body mass index
full examination by an experienced physician, including:
- testicular examination and instruction in self-examination
- rectal examination (over-40s or those with specific concerns about prostate or gastrointestinal tract; optional for under-40s)
- discussion of findings; recommendations for further investigations if appropriate
- advice on positive action to take to reduce risk of future health problems
Body awareness and wellbeing
- fitness and mobility evaluation; lifestyle advice
- relaxing or therapeutic massage treatment to reduce stress
Written report and follow-up
- full report sent 7-10 days after consultation and all results received
- copy sent to your GP at your request
- referral to expert specialists for abnormal findings, as appropriate and on request
- monthly monitoring of progress (by telephone) for six months
Do I need any special preparation?
You will need to fast for 12 hours because of the cholesterol test. We recommend that you arrive with a comfortably full bladder, so that we can accurately assess your urinary flow rate.
When will I know the results?
It will take a few days for all the results to come through, so ideally you should have your tests done at least a week before your consultation. You should receive a written report within a week or so.
How much will it cost?
The fully inclusive cost is £950, payable on the day of attendance. Health screening is not normally covered by health insurance policies.