So many of our patients have taken the trouble to write to us in appreciation of various aspects of their experience at The Prostate Centre, and you will find excerpts of these on many pages of this website, in addition to those below.
First, though, a note about confidentiality. Not every man is happy for the world to know that he has prostate problems. Some are – and are keen to spread the word that prostate disorders need to be given wider publicity and better availability of treatment. They have given their permission for us to use their photographs and letters, attributed to them personally. Those who understandably wish to remain anonymous appear unattributed. You can, of course, ask to see our file of testimonials at any time.
- My wife and I would like to thank you and your team for the superb quality of the whole aspect of the work that you carried out; first class and totally professional. It is no wonder that you are in such demand. I am going to put your name forward at every opportunity; I would be doing my friends a great favour. It removes a great deal of worry, when you see the detail and the follow up.
- Graham Rogers, patient.
- Excellent start to finish - the best!
- Adrian Hamilton, patient.
- The Prostate Centre is a most impressive organisation and you have great staff. This is of course a reflection of your own involvement and dedication, exuding at all times an air of total confidence, which I found to be most contagious and helpful...A big thank you for steering me through a difficult time.
- Andrew Parker, patient.
- May I say how much I appreciated the relaxed and friendly atmosphere in which I was received at the Centre; it did much to quell the apprehension which I was feeling at the time!
- Bernard Binnington, OBE, patient.
- On behalf of Wendy and myself I should like to say thank you so very much for your help during my recent operation and finding time to visit me at The London Clinic when you have so many other patients on your books.
I know our first contract was not a very happy affair with the news that you had to give me, but you put it in such a way, that after the initial shock, I did not feel too bad, and took the view that you had spoken to me in such a positive and upbeat way, that in the end it would all end up in a successful conclusion.
I must say that our first meeting at The Prostate Centre, you had such a persona of confidence in the outcome that you immediately relaxed Wendy and myself so that we could both think this through without any pressure.
- Blair Hickman, patient.
- Just a quick note to thank you and your staff for all their help and support over the past difficult weeks. I realised that just about every patient you see has similar, and often much greater, problems than I have had but Brenda and myself were always made to feel that we were getting special attention.
- Bruce Preston, patient.
- I have a lot to thank you for, 11 years of life lived to the full and my hernia operation last month from which I have now completely recovered.
Lastly, I would like to admit that I was wrong about The Prostate Centre. I had my doubts when you and Peter started it but the staff are charming, competent and efficient. It gives exactly the right impression to new patients who must gain a lot of confidence being in a place with such caring staff. It is also a great benefit to us old patients that you have gathered together such a distinguished group of doctors. I, for myself, find Heather just wonderful and so encouraging and thoughtful.
Thank you for putting it all together!
- Charles Paterson, patient.
- I am writing to thank you and all the team at The Prostate Centre for the truly excellent service and care provided to me during my recent robotically assisted radical prostatectomy...
Your name (Prof Roger Kirby) was recommended by nearly everyone with a similar experience and I quickly made up my mind that I wanted you to suggest my treatment. From the moment that I walked through the door of The Prostate Centre I was immediately filled with a sense of confidence and relaxed in the knowledge that I was in safe hands... Everyone works as a team and is passionate about the well being of their patients. Dr Peter Amoroso carefully explained his anesthetic services in his wonderful relaxed manner and I knew that I was fully prepared...
As I write this letter, just 10 days after the operation, I can honestly say it is probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. The whole procedure was relatively pain free, completely successful and I was up and walking the day after the operation...
Family and friends cannot believe that I have undergone such a major operation...and I can honestly say that the most frightening experience was being driven home by my elderly mother!
Thank you all so much for your professionalism, kindness and care you have provided me. I would recommend you and the team at The Prostate Centre to anyone.
- Charles Ward, patient.
- I will always be grateful to you and Peter for the way that you and all your kind staff at The Prostate Centre have looked after me...
Not only have you cured me, but through your wonderful system have made me want to change my lifestyle. After meeting Peter on my second visit to The Prostate Centre I went away with a new determination... Remember that guy on TV called "Mr Motivator" that's a good name for your pal Peter!
Let me tell you that nobody has ever had a greater impression on me in my life to date than yourself and Peter Amoroso. You run a very finely tuned operation in London which I am so glad I found, thank you both, you are my new hero's...
I just wanted to thank everyone at the Centre - you are all wonderful people... Although I must admit I was a little nervous prior to coming to London, next time I will feel a whole lot better knowing that everyone is so kind and understanding. I would also like to thank the nurses. They were so nice to me.
You are all special people, do a wonderful job and thank you for giving me my life back. I will never forget that.
- Charlie Thomson, patient.
- I want to thank you, Peter and the whole of your 'supporting cast' for the personal care and professional attention which Ann and I received right through this process...The Prostate Centre is becoming rather like a gentlemen's club to me!
- Chris Lane, patient.